Friday, March 27, 2015

BOOK TOUR: Sexy to Go Volume 1



Sexy to Go – Volume 1

Sizzling short stories from top-selling authors


Sample romance in all its flavors in Sexy to Go. From paranormal to contemporary, you’ll find your fix here. Look for a brand new collection every month.


Faking It

By Sofia Grey


AKA When Lucy met Jez.


Ever see that sexy stranger across the aisle, and wonder, what if? That was my starting point for Faking It (an Emerald City short story).


There’s something dangerously delicious about striking up a conversation with someone you know you’ll never see again. And when you’re cruising along at 37,000 feet, flying halfway around the world—and he’s heading for a different city, Lucy Briar decides to try her luck. After all, Jez did look remarkably like the guitarist from Troubled Times, and she’d never have the chance to hang out with a rock star again.



Blurb for Faking It by Sofia Grey

Lucy can’t believe her luck. Upgrade to 1st class flight and a hot hunk in the next seat. He’d never be interested in a geek, so maybe it’s time to reinvent herself?

Faking it has never been such fun.



 

Excerpt from Faking It



“If you were going to seduce the woman sitting next to you on the plane, how would you do it?”

“Hmm. Do I know her? Or is she a stranger?”

I took a gulp of my dwindling bubbly, and tried to sound nonchalant. “Oh, a stranger. Definitely.”

Our seats were huge, more like giant armchairs, but when he turned to face me, there was very little space between us. Had it just gotten hot in here? His smile turned predatory, and very confident. “We’d already have dispensed with the introductions, yeah?” I nodded. “And she’s interested?” I nodded again.

“Hmm.” He seemed to think for a moment. “I’d ask her favourite drink.” He touched the stem of my glass. “You can tell a lot by her favourite drink. Long and slow, like a glass of fruit-loaded Pimms on a hot day, or short and brutal, like a glass of rough whisky.”

“What about champagne?”

“She likes the fine things in life. She sparkles and shines with all the other beautiful people.”

Oh, he was good. I could fall for his brand of charm. “And then what?”

“If you could be drinking champagne anywhere in the world, right now, where would it be?” His voice was hypnotic.

“On a secluded beach in the sunshine. Pure, white sand, palm trees fringing the area, and with the crash of the surf in the distance.”

“Perfect. Now close your eyes, and let me tell you about it.” I hesitated and he touched my glass again. “I can blindfold you if you prefer.”

Blindfold. Unbidden, the idea of him doing that burned itself into my brain. My lungs struggled for air, and my pulse leapt to a gallop. In an instant, my mouth was too dry to speak, and all I could do was nod. How would it feel to have his slender fingers fastening something around my eyes. Taking away one of my senses. Dark thoughts beckoned from the dusty corners of my brain, and I squirmed in my seat.

“Mmm. I’d use a silk scarf on you. Soft, but very strong.” His finger rose to touch my forehead. “Eyes closed.”


~ ~ ~ ~


Get more Sexy to Go:


Buy Links:











And you can follow Sexy to Go on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sexytogobooks




Check out more from the Emerald City world, with Return to Emerald City (novella collection) by Sofia Grey & Allyson Lindt.  And look out for Anton’s story in Sexy To Go volume 2.



Buy Return to Emerald City

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV6IP3K

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/return-to-emerald-city/id929334117?mt=11

Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/478473




Sofia Bio:



I’m a 40-on-the-outside / 20-on-the-inside girl with a passion for the simple things in life. As long as they include wine, chocolate and rock music, I’m good. When I’m not either herding project managers (at work), cats (at home) or cub scouts (in what passes for spare time…) I’m curled up with my Kindle or my laptop. To me, writing is as addictive as reading and I can’t manage unless I have both.



sofiagrey.com | Tweet @SofiaGreyAuthor | Facebook | GoodReads | Pinterest

1 comment: